How to Get Back In Shape After Having a Baby
Your life will never be the same after the birth of your baby. Your body went through a lot of stress and changes. You can get your body back through exercising. Clearly you cannot start going to the gym right after the hospital. You need to take it slow.
You can reduce the risk of postnatal depression with light physical activity. You will recover faster and get extra energy from a light fitness program.
Any mother in a post delivery phase can follow these simple and yet useful tips to lose the baby weight:
- First of all, you need to start eating healthier when you’re pregnant. Don’t listen to people who encourage you to eat for two. Healthy eating habits would make you feel better and provide your body with all necessary vitamins and energy. You should eat more fruits and vegetables, nuts and grilled food. This way you will gain healthy baby weight that will be easy to lose after your baby is born.
- A lot of pregnant women stop doing any physical activity and end up sitting on the couch throughout the pregnancy period. Don’t follow their example; try keeping the right balance between exercising and having rest. Obviously you should not run marathons or do gymnastics, but you should be able to go for a walk once in a while. Exercising would keep your muscle tone and make you feel healthy and happy.
- Breastfeeding may help you lose your baby weight as well. Breastfeeding helps your uterus get back to its size. You also will lose a lot of calories, because your body would be busy burning calories and producing enough milk.
- After you get released from a hospital, take walks with your baby around the block. Prefer walking rather than driving a car to the closest store. Fresh air would be good for both you and your baby.
- Low impact fitness program is a great way to get back into your training routine. Search Youtube for videos on postnatal fitness and aerobics. Buy elliptical training machine and get on it for 30 minutes every day while your baby is asleep.
- You can do more exercising 8-10 weeks after you gave birth. You can get back to jogging if you enjoyed it before. It can be difficult to get back into it, but once you started you would appreciate your freedom and time alone. Swimming is another great thing that would help you lose weight.
Before you start exercising make sure that your tears are all healed. Both you and your baby should be
healthy; otherwise you would not get enough energy and sleep. Exercising should not make you feel fatigued; to the contrary it should make you feel good. Don’t forget to consult your doctor before starting any physical activity. Choose the right training program and make sure that it would not hurt you. The given tips would just get you started. In order to lose weight you have to use a combination of the tips. Breastfeeding alone would not make you lose all your baby fat. A combination of exercises and a healthy diet is a key to the success.
By contributing author Claire, representing Lemonade Diet.